Kalau ditanya pertanyaan "keramat" itu, pengen banget rasanya untuk jawab bahwa tentu saja semua buku yang ada di rak sudah pernah dibaca. Tapi kenyataannya? Waktu baca semakin terbatas, kedisiplinan untuk terpaku pada hanya satu bacaan sampai habis semakin menurun, sedangkan timbunan makin hari makin tinggi.
Karena itulah saya seperti dapat "pencerahan" waktu berkunjung ke blognya Kak Astrid beberapa waktu lalu dan melihat challenge ini.
Welcome to 2012 TBR PILE Reading Challenge!!!
We all have those books. We buy them, win them, they’re gifted to us.. Then we put them up on a bookshelf and there they stay, collecting dust, waiting for the time when we’ll finally decide to pick them up..
Join us on a quest to dust off your TBR Pile and read all the books you’ve been telling yourself you’ll read next time you’ll get a chance.. This is your chance! And we’ve got PRIZES!!!
- This challenge will run from Jan 1, 2012 – Dec 31, 2012.
- As we would like to see quality reviews linked up to our monthly wrap-ups, only bloggers can enter. Sorry about that!
- Any genre, length or format of book counts, as long as it is a book that’s been sitting on your shelf for some time now. Only books released in 2011 and earlier! NO ARCs and 2012 fresh-off-the-press releases allowed!
- You can list your books in advance or just put them in a wrap-up post. If you list them, feel free to change them as the mood takes you.
- When you sign up in the linky, put the direct link to your post about joining the 2012 TBR PILE Reading Challenge (You need to include the info + host list + challenge button. You can also grab the button code and add it to your sidebar!)
- You can move up levels, but no moving down.
- Sign-ups will be open until Dec 15, 2012, so feel free to join at any time throughout the year.
- At the end of each month one of the hosts will post a wrap-up. Every wrap-up will have it’s unique theme, a mini-challenge, a giveaway and place for you to link up your reviews from this month. For each review you link up, you will get one entry in a drawing of one book of choice from Book Depository. It’s open to INTERNATIONALS. For participating in the mini-challenge you will get +1 entry.
- If you miss a wrap-up post + giveaway, you can link up your reviews next month. Do not, however, try to link up one review twice – we will be checking
- December is a wrap-up for the whole year. All the book reviews you linked up January-November + the ones you’ll link up in December will be entered into a HUGE giveaway – 12 books, 12 winners, INTERNATIONAL.
- You don’t have to follow all the hosts to join the challenge, but you do have to follow all of us to be entered in giveaways!
1-10 – A Firm Handshake
11-20 – A Friendly Hug
21-30 – A Sweet Kiss
31-40 – Love At First Sight
41-50 – Married With Children
Evie from Bookish – http://www.evie-bookish.blogspot.com @SeoEvie
Nicole from All I Ever Read – http://www.nicoleabouttown.com/ @Nicoleabouttown
Bonnie from Hands and Home – http://www.handsandhome.ca/
Donna from Book Passion For Life - http://bookpassionforlife.blogspot.com/ @BookPforLife
Caitlin from WatchYA Reading - http://whatchyareading.net
Rie from Mission To Read - http://missiontoread.com/
Vicky from Books, Biscuits & Tea -http://booksbiscuitsandtea.blogspot.com/ @alouetteuette
Christa from Hooked On Books - http://christashookedonbooks.blogspot.com
Jenna from Fans Of Fiction - http://fansoffiction.blogspot.com/ @fansoffiction
Angel from Mermaids Vision - http://mermaidvision.wordpress.com @mermaidvisions
Wrap-up POST Schedule:
January – Donna (Theme: Let It Snow + Book Cover Challenge)
February – Nicole (Theme: Un-requited Love/Love Gone Wrong + Advice Column Challenge)
March – Rie (Theme: Green or Pinched + Green Cover Challenge)
April - Bonnie (Theme: Easter + Mini Challenge)
May – Christa (Theme: MayDay – Disaster Books! + Cover Disaster Challenge)
June – Jenna ( Theme: Camping + Sentence Challenge)
July – Rie (Theme: International Day + Cover Comparison Challenge)
August – Angel (Theme: Summer Memories + Send Your Fav Character On Vacation Challenge)
September – Nicole (Theme: Life Changing Books + Mini Challenge)
October – Caitlin (Theme: Thanksgiving Theme + Share-A-Book Challenge)
November – Vicky (Theme: Spooky Halloween + Book Puzzle Challenge)
December – Evie (Theme: Xmas Bliss + Book Bachelor Challenge)
My TBR List So Far:
1. Hunger - Knut Hamsun
2. Train Man - Nakano Hitori
3. Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman - Haruki Murakami
4. Ghostwritten - David Mitchell
5. The Last Summer (of You and Me) - Ann Brashares
6. Reckless - Cornelia Funke
7. Sabriel - Garth Nix
8. The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao - Junot Diaz
9. Waiting - Ha Jin
10. Notes From Teenage Underground - Simmone Howell
11. Battle Royale - Koushun Takami
12. The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian - Sherman Alexie
13. The Sunflower Forest - Torey Hayden
14. Swamplandia! - Karen Russell
15. Searching for Schindler - Tom Keneally
16. July, July - Tim O'Brien
17. Dance, Dance - Haruki Murakami
18. Sister - Rosamund Lupton
19. The Inheritance of Loss - Kiran Desai
20. Veronika Decides To Die - Paulo Coelho
21. The Dogs of Babel - Carolina Parkhurst
22. About A Boy - Nick Hornby
23. number9dream - David Mitchell
24. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks -Rebecca Skloot
25. Let The Great World Spin - Colum McCann
26. The Secret Life of Bees - Sue Monk Kidd
27. Black Swan Green - David Mitchell
28. The Given Day - Dennis Lehane
29. Little Princes - Conor Grennan
30. Shades of Grey - Jasper Fforde
31. War Trash - Ha Jin
32. I Am A Genius of Unspeakable Evil and I Want to Be Your Class President - Josh Lieb
33. The Thin Red Line - James Jones
34. Possession - A.S Byatt
35. Amsterdam - Ian McEwan